There is nothing as frustrating as having a closet full of clothes and nothing to wear. There are a variety of factors that could possibly be contributing to your frustration at having nothing to wear, such as weight loss, clothing that is the wrong size, and many more. With the help of a good tailor, you can make all your clothes fit your body type perfectly. Of course, alterations are not free. Yes, alterations cost money, but they are usually much less than it would cost to replace the clothing entirely. Not all clothes are worth altering, but expensive items or anything you really love and can’t bear to lose, alterations can be a great investment.
- The perfect fit.The clothes you buy online are made to fit a generic body, with measurements close to average. However, real bodies are not one size fits all.But by modifying your online purchases, you can personalize them just as they were made for you.
- Resize. Your body is not only different from others, but it is not always the same from one year to the next.If you lost or gained weight with just a little adjustment, you can keep using them and save yourself the hassle of buying new ones.
- Save old favorites.When a garment seems out of date it can be fixed. But even when that’s impossible, a skilled tailor can sometimes keep your old favorites alive by making an exact copy of the garment.
- Get the right fit. You have a high quality garment to alter. Now all you need is the correct fit.Some people like their clothing to fit close to the body, while others prefer a more loose.When a tailor is tailoring a garment for you, make sure the modified garment leaves enough room for you to breathe. After the tailor has pinned you down, try moving around a bit to see how it feels. On the other hand, the fit should not be so loose that the garment looks uneven or misshapen.
- Alterations change the way the garment fits, and are usually focused on one particular fit area. It could be as simple as taking in the waist on a pair of pants or shortening a sleeve. Sometimes alterations are necessary to repair a garment that has given out structurally, such as a fallen hem or missing button.